Tuesday 4 October 2011

A Day Out


There's a bit of a change to the weather this morning. After a few days of unusual weather activity for this time of year it's turned decidedly colder. I haven't been out yet but I know this because my daughter sent a message when she was on the train to work this morning saying that it is a lot colder than it has been. I think we can say goodbye to the good weather for this year.

It's time for the old school mates to go on a little road trip again. Following on from last week’s trip to the National Coal Mining Museum, the three ‘Old Codgers’ are planning another outing. With the emails that have been passing back and forth, it looks like today’s little trip will be to the National Media Museum in Bradford. It sounds as though it could be interesting.

It’s strange though, even though Bradford is not that far away from Huddersfield, I can only ever remember going there once. That was many years ago when I was a teenager. I can’t remember who I was with but I can remember going to Odsal Top to watch stock car racing (that’s going to bug me now, trying to remember who I went with). I don’t think I’ve ever been into the city centre though so I’m glad I’m not driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment