Sunday 2 October 2011

A Day Of Rest

I'm afraid I've never been religious or a regular church-goer. My church attendance goes as far as attending christenings and weddings. Nowadays though, those events are more likely to be replaced by funerals. However I do like Sundays - I call it a day of rest. A day of rest from people calling you up trying to sell you something or trying to persuade you to switch over to their services. A day of rest from people knocking on your door trying to get you to donate to some worthwhile cause (all causes are worthwhile, but when there are so many of them asking for your money, there comes a time when we have to say enough is enough). If it's not your money they're after it's your "unwanted items". It's unbelievable the amount of plastic bags that gets pushed through my letterbox asking for unwanted goods, but only the kind that they are able to sell, they're not interested if they can't make money out of it. Sorry people, not any more. It's time to look after 'number one'. (I wonder if there's money to be made recycling unused charity bags).

No comments:

Post a Comment