Saturday 24 September 2011

That's Life

No planned outings for today. Just another quiet day spent at home, and another chance to sit in front of the computer and practice my typing. I think I'm getting quite good at it, even though it is only two-fingered typing. I used to do a bit of typing many years ago - still the two-fingered type, but I remember when I made a mistake there was no 'back button'. It was a case of either starting over again with a fresh sheet of paper, or getting the bottle of Tippex out and try to correct the mistake. (I wonder if they still make Tippex. Or more to the point, do they still make typewriters).

There's a new tab at the top of the page. I added a tab called 'That's Life' and have included a few short stories looking at the  funnier side of life. If you want to start your day with a smile it's worth having a look. I'll try and add a few more stories to the page when I can. One of my favourites is the mobile phone etiquette for the older generation, the senior texting codes - ROFL...CGU. (You're going to have to check out the new page if you want to know what that means).

As it's Saturday and I have nothing planned for today, I think I might do a bit of 'blog-surfing' for a while. Out of the millions of blogs out there, I'm bound to find some that are of interest. I've noticed that there are some who only write a few posts during the year, but there are others that write regular updates. These are the ones I'll be looking for. I might even get a bit daring and follow them. (I remember the time when, if you used to follow someone, you'd more than likely get done for stalking). Nowadays it's encouraged. There's even a little button on some pages, as with this one, saying 'Follow me'. Imagine walking down  the high street with a note pinned to your back saying 'Follow me'. I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment