Tuesday 27 September 2011

Playing Out

Over fifty years ago a couple of school friends used to come to my house and ask if I wanted to 'play out'. Nothing has changed over the years, the same two friends are calling today and we'll be 'playing out' somewhere. Last week we went to Tunnel End at Marsden, otherwise known as Standedge Tunnel. I'm not quite sure where we'll be going today but wherever we go, we've got nice weather for it. Nowadays though, our little trips usually involve something we didn't have when we were kids. We were too young to know about the amber nectar back then.

Did a bit more playing about with my widgets today (now there's a sentence I never thought I'd be saying). I added a 'live traffic feed' of visitors to the site which just confirmed what I thought when I started these ramblings - that I'm ranting on to myself and the men in the white coats are going to be knocking on the door soon. The only one it shows on this live feed is me. But then I added a 'flag collector' to the side bar which blew those early ideas straight out of the window. Apart from my own flag, I've got two from America and another from India. So I'm not talking to myself! Welcome to my blog people, I hope I didn't bore you TOO much.

I also added another picture of the two latest additions to my family at the top right hand side of the page. But I've put them there purely for selfish reasons. I doubt I'm any different from any parent or grand parent when it comes to their children or grand children, we all love our own to bits. So the only reason they've been added to the page is for me. So that I have something nice to look at each time I open the page - and I think the titles above each picture just about says it all. You can't get any nicer than Sugar and Spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment