Sunday 25 September 2011

Life Is Cruel

I had a bit of a restless night last night and couldn't sleep so I've been up since 4 o'clock this morning. To while away the hours I went on line and spent a bit of time reading through a few blogs. One that I found grabbed my attention and I couldn't tear myself away from it. The lady writing the blog seemed to have so many problems on her hands but still managed to give a daily report of her life. She must have been in tears while she was writing her posts (I know I would have been), but she still managed to sound upbeat. I'm not in a position to help anybody but it doesn't stop me from wishing I could. I'd love to be able to reach out and help her with her problems.

Being from the other side of the world I don't know much about American laws, but apparently this lady's house has been put up for sale because of non payment of taxes. It sounds as though there is a problem with jobs in America too. Reading through her posts she has said over and over again that she wishes her husband's boss would get in touch and say there is some work available for him. She has had several problems over the last few weeks including, amongst others, her washing machine breaking down, water pump not working, and an infestation of ants and having to rip the carpets up. And on top of all this she has had to cope with a death in the family. Yet she still finds time to post a daily report and concentrate on homeschooling her children.

I know things have not been going too well for myself recently but after reading about this lady's problems, I don't think I shall ever complain again. I only hope that if things ever got so bad for me that I could have the strength that this lady has and be just as upbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment