Wednesday 21 September 2011

Getting There

Last night I spent a bit of time playing around with images and links, adding some pictures to the right hand side of this page. The first one shows the cover of the latest book I'm reading and if you click on the book cover you'll find a brilliant review about that particular book. Very impressive, even though I say so myself.

By clicking on the 'Next Blog' link at the top of the page I have been looking through other people's blogs. I noticed that there are quite a few of them that seem to have been abandoned and haven't been touched for several months. Could that be because they have simply got fed up with the whole idea of 'blogging', or perhaps because their lives have got a bit more exciting and they haven't got time to update their pages. Or, even worse, they've passed away! I wonder which of those categories I shall fall in to. I hope it's not the latter.

I still haven't fathomed out how to view blogs of specific topics. All I've been doing is clicking on that 'Next Blog' link at the top of the page and reaching various pages. There's an awful lot of them written in languages which I cannot understand so I have to skip past those. There is also a large number of them that seem to be commercial sites which, if I had found them in any other way, I would have simply assumed that they were just another web site. I guess I'm going to have to spend a bit more time looking at more personal blogs as I still have no idea of what I should be doing here - I'm enjoying the writing though and it's also good typing practice for me (even though it is just two-fingered typing).

I finished off yesterday's ramblings with the question "Do you WANT people to read what you are writing". I still don't have an answer to that but I think I can see which way it's going. An old school friend paid an unexpected visit last night and this page was open. Once I'd let him in to the house and into the study where I'd been sitting at my desk, I had to rush to turn off the computer to prevent him seeing what I had been doing. I'd only been putting my thoughts into writing - I hadn't been doing anything I shouldn't have been - yet I still felt embarrassed about the whole thing. If I'd had something of interest to write about it may have been different, but because it's just random 'ramblings', I thought I should keep it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment